Friday, May 29, 2009

Doctor Who Series Five Companion Revealed

The BBC have today revealed the name of the actress who will be starring as The Eleventh Doctor's companion in the fifth series of Doctor Who. The name of the actress who will be joining the Tardis for new adventures in time and space is Karen Gillan, who previously appeared in the Doctor Who series four episode, The Fires of Pompeii, as a Soothsayer. Karen Gillan said this on her casting:

"I am absolutely over the moon at being chosen to play the Doctor's new companion. The show is such a massive phenomenon that I can't quite believe I am going to be a part of it. Matt Smith is an incredible actor and it is going to be so much fun to act alongside him – I just can't wait to get started!"

The name of the companion that Karen Gillian will be playing in Doctor Who series five has not yet been announced but more details will be posted here as soon as they are made available. The fifth series of Doctor Who stars Matt Smith as The Eleventh Doctor and is set to be broadcast at some point in Spring 2010.

4 comments:

Doctor Who Hideout said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhi said...

She looks good for the role, but we're going to have to wait and see. I am so relieved that there are no more companion rumours going around now, as months ago, it was post after post!

I wonder what she'll be called in the series? I've been going through quite a few names. Also, I've noticed, different hair colours! Rose: Blonde, Martha: Brown, Donna: Red, Karen: Ginger!

This is going to be really exciting now, I can't wait for series 5 to start, even though I'm extremely upset that David Tennant is leaving :(

Miss Gallifrey
The Bad Wolf TV

Outcast Timelord said...

I wanted Rose to be the companion for series five! Oh well, Karen Gillan sounds okay.

Conor said...

Oooh she should be good, and shes hot too :)