Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Eve Myles Expecting First Child

Torchwood actress, Eve Myles, recently revealed in an interview with "What's On TV" magazine that she is pregnant. Eve Myles told the magazine that she has been pregnant for three and a half months and that her life as a mother will not affect her role as Gwen Cooper in Torchwood. Three extracts from Eve Myles' interview with "What's on TV" can be seen below:

"I've wanted to do this for such a long time, but I kept getting job after job after job. I thought, if I put this off any more I'm going to be 65. My partner and I decided this year was going to be the year, and we were blessed that it happened so quickly. It's the best thing that ever happened to me – we're over the moon. We went for a scan and my mum was there. And my mum went: 'No, it's not a Nostrovite! It's a real Welsh human!' But of course it crosses my mind – I hope it's not an alien! I hope we get a new series. I'd really like to play Gwen as a mother. It's not like I have to really save the world – I just have to sit in make-up!"

I would like to congratulate Eve Myles and her partner on Eve's pregnancy and wish them all the best for the future. Eve Myles will return to Torchwood as Gwen Cooper for a five episode series that will be broadcast across five consecutive nights on BBC One this June. What are your thoughts on this news?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congradulations Eve! Great news!

The bit about her mum saying it isn't a Nostrovite's funny. lol

I'm glad it won't stop Eve playing Gwen because I really like her character as a team member (and if she left Ianto and Jack would be the only ones from the original Torchwood group from Series 1).

Conor said...

Congrats Eve :D