Friday, August 7, 2009

Tom Baker Wants Doctor Who Return

Tom Baker, the actor who starred as The Fourth Doctor in Doctor Who from 1974 1981, recently revealed in an interview that he would like to Doctor Who. In the interview, Tom said that if he were to return, he would like to contribute to a script for a special reunion episode of the SciFi series. An extract from the interview with Tom Baker can be read below:

"They should actually try and do something like that and they should get a nice jolly script with them. I don't know what it will be like and they haven't approached me yet and I'd want to have some say about the script. I think it is quite difficult now to surprise an audience with special effects, you may please an audience, but visually you can't actually amaze an audience can you? In a sense you just watch them trying, but if people can appear and disappear and walk through walls and disappear and then carry on fencing or kissing girls, that amazes me. Of course they didn't do that in my days, and I don't want to be a reactionary old fart about that but in my days, it never occurred to me to try and kiss a girl.”

Tom Baker recently confirmed that he will be returning in a series of audio stories, entitled Hornet's Nest. Hornet's Nest will consist of five audio dramas called The Stuff of Nightmares, The Dead Shoes, The Circus of Doom, A Sting in the Tale and Hive of Horror which will all be available on CD from September. More information regarding Hornet's Nest can be found by clicking here at the BBC's official website for Doctor Who. What are your thoughts on this interview?

No comments: