Monday, January 12, 2009

John Barrowman Writing Torchwood Comic

Titan Magazines have revealed that John Barrowman who plays Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and Torchwood will be writing a comic strip with his sister, Carole, for Torchwood Magazine. The story, entitled Captain Jack and the Selkie, sees Jack Harkness investigating disappearances on a Scottish island. Torchwood Magazine comics editor Martin Eden, said:

“I’m so excited to be working on this story – John and Carole are an absolute pleasure to work with. And Tommy Lee Edwards is one of my favourite artists. I’ve seen the thumbnails that Tommy and Trevor have worked on – and, believe me, the readers are in for a treat!”

Captain Jack and The Selkie will be available to read in the fourteenth issue of Torchwood Magazine which will be released across the United Kingdom and Ireland on the nineteenth of February and in America and Canada on the seventeenth of March. What are your thoughts on this Torchwood comic news?

1 comment:

Conor said...

I think this is a good idea for a comic, I will be reading it when issue 14 is out.